Monday, January 1, 2007

Continuing to Create...

My obsession with paper arts started 6 years ago, after I was medically forced to retire from my career as a hospice nurse. My husband recommended that I find a "hobby", as he loves to build model railroading layouts. After several months of pondering and researching different arts and crafts, I decided to start scrapbooking. It was an ideal time to start, as both of my sons were approaching high school graduation. During this time, I was invited to a rubber stamping party. I confessed to the hostess that I really didn 't want to invest the time or money into another hobby, but she only smiled. Three workshops later, I was signing up to be a rubber stamping demonstrator and the rest is all history.

I have been privileged enough to have several of my rubber stamping creations published in different magazines-The Rubber Stamper (X6), The Stampers Sampler (X3)-and on various websites. So, I started receiving requests for handmade cards from family and friends. I ventured into decorating various tins and adding the handmade cards for holiday gifts. I realized this was a success, when I started receiving multiple requests for custom orders. All of this has led me to develop my blog: a place that I can share photos of my creations and answer questions that you may have regarding purchasing any of them.

Thank you for taking time to visit my site today.

Leslie Brown
Leslie's Creations
Jefferson, GA

No comments: