Sunday, January 14, 2007

Inspiration Ideas...

Sometimes I need sources of inspiration to help me create. It doesn't happen alot, but when it does I am thankful for resources to help me out of my dry spell. I have started bookmarking several websites that give me inspiration (check out my favorites). Looking at craft magazines, reading other people's blogs or a visit to a local craft store usually can give me a wealth of ideas. But, if this doesn't work, there is always the "scraplift" or "CASE" avenues to pursue. If you are not familiar with these terms, let me explain. To "scraplift", means to take a scrapbooking layout that you like and make one identical or similar to it. You may "lift" just one part of it, for example the way the title and journaling was done or the colors that were used. To "CASE" means "copy and steal everything/exactly". Yes, that's exactly what you do-make it identical to the original. Of course, it's always flattering to have someone that wants to scraplift or CASE your artwork, but it is nicer for them to admit who inspired them with their creations. This is an acceptable practice among crafters, whom are some of the nicest people I've met.

Speaking of inspiration ideas, I met Shelly Trotter of Bicknell, Indiana, thru SURubberArtScans, a Yahoo group, consisting of rubber stampers sharing their Stampin' Up! artwork. We share scans of cards, scrapbook pages and any other stampable projects. Shelly recently shared this piece of artwork, which has inspired me to make some name frames, too. It would make a nice gift for yourself or others and I am always looking for new gift ideas. Thank you Shelley for allowing me to share your artwork!

No comments: