Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Happy Birthday, Joseph!

My youngest son, Joseph, is 22 years old today. I still consider him, my "baby", though he has developed into a brilliant young man. My pregnancy with him was very problematic and full of worries and doubts. But, ever since his healthy birth, he has amazed me and filled my life with joy and love. His sense of humor has kept me laughing for many days. At 17, he entered the US Navy and studied Computer Avionics. After his 3+ years of service, he returned to school and attends Sinclair Community College in Dayton, Ohio, majoring in Computer Programming. His plans are to continue studies in computers and math. My only regret is that we are not closer to celebrate his birthday, today.

This scrapbook page contains a recent picture of Joseph, in his new apartment in Dayton. It is one of my favorite pictures of him. I used a Harley Davidson transparency over patterned paper by Basic Grey. The chipboard letters are from Heidi Swapp and the rub-on are from Making Memories. The hidden journaling is behind the picture.

Happy Birthday, Joseph!

2 comments:

Sew Club said...

This page is great, Leslie! Thanks again for my birthday card -I love it! (and sorry for the lame "watermark"! It was the best that I could do - I had someone make mine for me! lol)

tyrymom29 said...

You have a very Handsome Son !! I love the page you made Great work !!! Happy Birthday Joseph!!!