Saturday, April 21, 2007

We have an important event in our home and a BLOG Candy Winner!

My oldest son will be graduating from GA. Southern College in 2 weeks. I am very proud of him, as he has worked hard to put himself thru college and pursue his dream degree in Creative Writing and English. Wanting to make his graduation announcements, I used the SU! retired stamp set, Sketch an Event. (I have another son in college, too, and will be hanging onto this set for awhile). The school colors of Navy and Gold were used on the card. I made the card front from gold metallic card stock, embossed with the Cuttlebug Script embossing folder. (Get it? Creative Writing degree and Script?) The card needed something else, so a strip of Navy Organdy Ribbon was placed underneath the metallic gold stamped image. Thank goodness that I only had to make 65 of the announcements! All the details of the graduation are inside the card. May 5 will not get here fast enough.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The graduation card is really elegant - and I love the script for the degree. Clean and simple.