Tuesday, October 2, 2007

SU! Give Thanks Pocket Card


I first saw the Pocket Card Template when I attended The Stamping Studio Retreat in September. The owner, Melissa Baldwin, used this template as one of the cards we made during the Round Robin. (For more details about her annual retreat and classes, visit her website) I was going to post a tutorial on making this type of card, but Pat Huntoon, owner of the Technique Junkies list and newsletter, beat me to it. It is featured on the front page of this month's newsletter. This card has alot of options for it's use-add gift cards, money, coupons, tea bags, bookmarks or even the extra notes of encouragement, similar to what I did. The patterned paper is from SEI. It's best to use double-sized paper for this card, so be sure to clean out the stash you've been hoarding and get busy. The inks, cardstock and stamp set, Give Thanks, are by Stampin' Up! I used American Crafts Glitter Gem Pens to add bling to my leaves. The paper clip and ribbons were in my stash, so they were added as well. Adding the paper-piercing around some of the stamped images was the last accent added to this card. Beware, these cards are very addicting.

While speaking about Pat, I remembered she is celebrating her 5th year anniversary of the list and newsletter this month. She is giving away freebies everyday, so be sure to visit her blog and let her know that I sent you. The gifts are donated by sponsors and very nice.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Cindy B. said...

Leslie,

You did a great job re-creating this card from the retreat. It looks fantastic!

Nancy Riley said...

Beautiful pocket card, Leslie! I really like the boldness of the fall colors!

Maria said...

Happy National Cardmaking Day, Leslie!

I love your pocket card! Such a great idea, especially as a nice little gift for someone! Your design of your card is fabulous!

Maria