Sunday, November 25, 2007

Ready for Christmas Cards?


I hope you enjoyed Thanksgiving, have consumed the leftover foods and are ready to prepare for Christmas. Shopping on the day after Thanksgiving put me into the holiday spirit, so I'm sharing Christmas cards with you this week. This card was made with Prism's shimmery cardstock, which is pretty and elegant. Luckily, SU! has a coordinating ink color in Bravo Burgundy, so I could use the "All About Christmas" wheel. If you have alot of cards to prepare for Christmas, a wheel set makes the time pass quickly. I highlighted the word "peace" by punching it out of the sentiment piece and layering it onto Shimmery Silver cardstock. All of this was mounted onto a scalloped border of Shimmery Silver cardstock, which SU! produces. Metallic silver organdy and cording were tied around the main image and a little paper-piercing was added to the lower portion of the card. Taking a suggestion from a friend, I made several different Christmas cards this year and it made the process more enjoyable. I made a few of each card and didn't get bored with it, as I've done in previous years.
Thanks for visiting-
Leslie

No comments: