Monday, December 10, 2007

Cards inspired by a gift bag


Inspiration is something I am constantly looking for when designing my cards. Melissa Baldwin, owner of The Stamping Studio, shared this inspiring idea with us, when we attended her fall retreat. Using a gift bag, she had us design a coordinating card. I brought several of the bags home with me and used my own inks and papers to make my own coordinating cards. I'll share the 3 bags and cards with you this week. If you want to do this for yourself and have many cards to make, it's nice to get gift bags in the same color family. I used SU! colors of Certainly Celery, Cameo Coral, Pretty in Pink, Pink Passion and Mellow Moss to coordinate with the bags. The SU! retired floral stamp sets are Bodacious Bouquet and Floral Fantasy. Using different background stamps, I attempted to duplicate the design on the gift bag, in this example the SU! Floral stamp was used. I added a sentiment to my Cuttlebug punched slide and adhered it with Mays Art ribbon. A little paper piercing was done to the layer behind the stamped flowers. Bazzill and Prima flowers were adhered with a brad by Making Memories. Stay tuned and see the remainder of the bags this week!

Thanks for visiting -

Leslie

1 comment:

Diane said...

What a lovely card Leslie!!!