Wednesday, January 2, 2008

I Brake for Stamps Birthday Card...for Me!



OK, so the secret is now out. Today is my birthday and I'm celebrating the last of the 40's. This is the first time that I have used stamps from "I Brake for Stamps" and thought it was appropriate for my birthday. After all, "We're not old people, we're recycled teenagers". The image and sentiment are from IBFS and I am impressed with the quality of their unmounted stamps. They arrived mounted on cushion and are etched deeply into red rubber. I love getting a nice clear image every time and their stamps fulfilled my expectations. I found the patterned paper by Scenic Route and it coordinates with SU! Orchid Opulence and Apricot Appeal Designer Papers. I colored my stamped image with the SU! markers, using the colors in the patterned paper as my inspiration. Bling was added with coordinating Stickles glitter. I added 2 rows of paper-piercing to the Apricot Appeal layer and tied SU! Grosgrain ribbon around it. Be sure to visit I Brake For Stamps.

Thanks for visiting-
Leslie

5 comments:

tyrymom29 said...

Happy Birthday !!!! I absolutely LOVE this card ...hehehe IT is way tooooo cute and so true !!
Hope you have a wonderful Birthday !!!

Etha said...

Happy birthday to you!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I have to say that leaving your
40's behind is really NOT that hard. Though the night before my 50th birthday (a few year's past), it was weird to realize that the first number wouldn't be a 4- anymore. :)

Happy Birthday

Maria said...

Happy Birthday Leslie! I hope you had a wonderful day celebrating your birtdhay. Your card is really cute. . .the image and sentiment made me laugh!

Maria

My Paper World said...

This is really fun! I hope you had a great birthday!