Thursday, January 10, 2008

This one's for Cindy!



Happy Birthday Cindy! I know you haven't received your card yet, but you'll get it once we celebrate our birthdays together later in the month. Cindy is a dear, dear friend of mine. We both have January birthdays, so we've made a tradition of sharing a birthday lunch together and exchange gifts. Since we share several of the same hobbies-scrapbooking, rubber stamping and shopping-it's always fun to pick a gift for her. Cindy is one of those friends that listens really well. She has cried when I've cried and laughed when I've laughed. I am blessed by her friendship.



This card was inspired by several examples on SplitCoast Stampers and the ribbon. I love using SU! Perfect Plum, Old Olive, Pale Plum, Certainly Celery and Orchid Opulence colors together on this card. The stamp set, Bodacious Bouquet, is retired from SU!, but still one of my favorites. I chose to embellish the flowers with seed beads and use my Sakura Glitter Pen for some "Bling". The SU! Oval punches were the perfect size to stamp and layer my sentiment. Though the card was a little time consuming, it was well worth every minute, for my dear friend Cindy.



Happy Birthday Cindy!


Leslie

No comments: