Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Christmas Gift Idea


Do you know what day will be here in less than 3 months? Yep, it's going to be Christmas. I spent the weekend with 2 of my girl friends, Sue and Cindy, to tackle making our Christmas cards. We tried this idea last fall and got many cards completed, so it's become a new tradition. This week, I'm sharing some projects that you can make for Christmas gifts.
These are pendants made with Dominoes. Dominoes are so versatile and inexpensive. I find mine in the toy section of Walmart. Before stamping on the slick surface, I apply a coat of Lumiere paint. The paint serves as a barrier between the slick surface and Stazon ink. If I make a mistake, everything washes off nicely and the dominoe can be reused. After the paint is dry, the image is stamped with Black Stazon ink. I colored the area with chalks, but watercolor pencils can be used too. Using alcohol markers with Stazon products will cause the ink to smear. Around the edges of the dominoe is colored with a Gold Leafing Pen. A layer of Crystal Effects adheres the glitter to the image. To seal my work, I spray it with Krylon Clear Acrylic Spray. The metallic bead is adhered with strong glue. I like to wear these as pendant on a necklace during the holidays, but they can be used as ornaments and tags too. The retired SU! set Yuletide Montage was used to make these pendants.
Send me a picture of your Christmas projects and I'll select a few to share on my blog.
Happy Creating-
Leslie

No comments: