Thursday, October 9, 2008

A Hero Arts Masculine Card...

I received news last week that I'll be needing more knee surgery. This will be my third surgery on my right knee. Three years ago, I had a knee cap replacement which was very helpful. It appears now that I've developed scar tissue and have some tears to the area. So, on October 17th, I'll be having the surgery. My MD has put me on medical leave for 6 weeks which is a mixed blessing. I am enjoying having more free time, but am tired from my knee pain. This time has given me the opportunity to participate in challenges. Hero Arts is sponsoring a contest and the theme is masculine cards made with their stamps. This challenge came at a wonderful time, as both brothers have birthdays this month. Also, I decided to print the 400+ card sketches saved on my computer and start using them. So, this is the first card I made for the challenge, that is posted on the Hero Arts Pool Flickr group. (The contest ends on the 12th, so you still have time to enter)

This card was made with SU! supplies and the Hero Arts small Birthday Collage stamp. I used SU! Basic Brown ink to stamp the image and SU! Creamy Caramel ink to distress the torn edges. I added some grosgrain ribbon and a circular clip to the focal image. The SU! punch was used at the top of the stamped image, which I think adds to the masculine theme of the card. Sweet and simple, just like I like my men.

Thanks for visiting-
Leslie

1 comment:

Vicki said...

I'll keep you in my prayers that things will go well and that you will heal quickly and that the pain will be gone.
www.sullyscrapandstamp.blogspot.com