Sunday, January 18, 2009

A Christmas Card...

Have you ever received a "thank-you" gift with a craft order and thought "I wonder when I'll use this?" Well, this was my thought after placing an order from I Brake for Stamps. This unmounted piece of rubber stayed with my other Christmas themed stamps till this year. I pulled it out and had a "light bulb" moment and created one of my Christmas cards. I decided to make a monochromatic card and stamped the image on SU! Shimmery White cardstock with Sage Shadow ink. Sage Shadow ink rarely gets used by me, but it was the primary color in the SU! patterned paper that was used on the background of this card. (Sometimes it's nice to have another person do the thinking for me!) The remainder background was made with Bliss Blue cardstock embossed with the Cuttlebug Snowflake folder. A PaperTrey Ink sentiment was added to the front. I used ribbon from my stash, SU! faux pearls and Stickles glitter for the final touches and mounted everything onto a SU! Sage Shadow card front. And to think, this all started due to a kind person adding an extra gift to my order.
Have an awesome week-
Leslie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful - I love this. You chose the perfect color as it has such a gentle softness, yet I can feel the crispness of the winter air.

Evelyn S. said...

Definitely a great choice of color and design for this stamp! The card is beautiful.