Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Upsy Daisy week

The stamp set from SU!, Upsy Daisy, is one of my favorites. It can be used for multiple occasions. This is also one of my favorite color choices from SU!-Basic Black, Very Vanilla and So Saffron. I stamped the floral image 2 times on the vanilla cardstock without re-inking between stamping. This allows a dimensional look to the flowers. Colorbox Yellow Cadmium ink worked best for this technique. I added Crystal Stickles to several areas of the floral image. The So Saffron double-sided patterned paper was helpful in designing my background, as one side was used for the large area while another design was used for the border. The SU! Scallop Border punch was used with Basic Black cardstock to provide a layer for the border. I added a sentiment from a SU! hostess set stamped in Basic Black ink. The last additions were 2 SU! ribbons, which coordinated beautifully.
Take care-
Leslie

No comments: