Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Please welcome my first guest designer, Maria Bell

I happened to find Maria's blogs thru another link. She has 2 different blogs and works as a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator and is an RN. I don't know how she finds the time or energy to do all these activities, but I have enjoyed viewing her hard work on her blogs. I asked her a few questions and requested samples of her artwork. So, please welcome, Maria.


Tell us a little about yourself. Married? Children? Occupation?
I’m originally from the beautiful state of Hawaii but now live in California. I’m married with 2 children, a boy and a girl, 16 and 15 years old respectively. I have a Bachelors Degree in Nursing and specialize in High Risk pregnancy/OB/GYN Oncology. I’m currently unemployed and am a SAHM for the time being.

What are your hobbies?
Rubber stamping is my passion but I also draw sketches using charcoal and pastels. I primarily draw portraits and before rubber stamping, drawing was my favorite hobby. I also do some photography and scrapbooking.

When and how did you begin stamping?

I’ve been rubber stamping for almost 4 years. My husband bought me my first rubber stamp set as a Mother’s Day Gift.

What are your favorite colors to work with, when creating a card?
I enjoy earthy tones as well as bright cheery colors such as pinks, blues, and purples.

What is your favorite stamping technique?

I don’t necessarily have a favorite but I do love coloring images especially with color pencils and recently, Prismacolor markers.

What kind of stamps do you enjoy using?
I love anything that I can color in, especially flowers and large images.

Any special companies that you are fond of?
My favorite brand aside from Stampin’ Up, I love Penny Black, House Mouse, Hero Arts, Autumn Leaves, and Close to My Heart. I don’t focus much on brands but love any stamps that are pretty or cute regardless of the brand.

When did you start blogging and for what reasons?
I started blogging in November but initially as a personal blog site. I started Card Inspired soon after my personal blog site and Stampin Inspirations in December. I started blogging my work primarily to document my creative progress in rubber stamping and not necessarily for public viewing. It evolved into a public diary of my work.

Are there any special stamping techniques or hobbies that you would like to know more about?
Nothing specific just anything that I haven’t tried to do. I would like to learn more about oil painting techniques.



No comments: