Sunday, June 10, 2007

More Stamp-A-Stack Cards

My Stamp-A-Stack class was yesterday and hosted by my friend, Marty. It was a good time to catch-up with friends and get 30 cards completed, too. I usually take a few "word" stamp sets, in case anyone would like to change the sentiment that was designed for the card. We had a few beginner and advanced stampers. Marty was the person responsible for getting me into stamping. As she was teaching me how to scrapbook (2000), she invited me to a Stampin' Up! party, hostessed in her home. I committed to the party but said, "I can't get involved in stamping as I've spent too much money on scrapbooking." Well, I quickly became addicted, hostessed 3 parties myself and signed up as a demonstrator in 2001. I was very busy with SU! for several years and enjoyed attending the regional, leadership and annual conventions. When I moved to Jefferson, to be closer to my parents, I decided to become a "hobby" demonstrator.

These are the remainder of the cards made at the Stamp-A-Stack. Each participant made 6 of each design, for a total of 30 cards.



This was a simple get-well card, using the SU! set, Under the Weather. Marty owns alot of punches, so she allowed me to borrow a few of the scallop punches for awhile. I have heard several people complain about using the SU! markers, as they supposely show lines when coloring an image. I have found this doesn't happen, if you stamp and color your image on watercolor paper. So, this is what was used on this card. The patterned paper is from Daisy'D's.



This card was a total CASE (copy and steal everything) from a friend, Kathy Brown. (No relation, unfortunately) Kathy and I attended our first leadership convention, together, in Salt Lake City. We live close to each other and get together to stamp. She had used this card for one of her stamp clubs and I love it. The colors used are : Buckaroo Blue, Old Olive and Very Vanilla. The stamp sets are French Script, Roses in Winter and Fancy Flexible Phrases. The SU! oval punches and ribbon added to this card.

This card did not turn out as intended. Since moving and temporarily living with my parents, I don't have full access to all of my crafting supplies. But, I did have alot of SU! patterned paper that needed to be used, so it was on this card. The flowers were punched out using the Ellison Daisy Thick Cut Die. The center of the flowers was stamped with the Circle of Friendship set. Being that this paper is double-sided, it was interesting to see the different card variations that everyone came up with.
I've had a few questions about my stamp-a-stacks, so I'll try to tell you more about them. Originally, I was hosting one event a month and designing and preparing 20 different cards with written instructions. I planned on 3 different times during the week for the participants to choose from. Most people never read the instructions and wanted more than one of each card, so they could keep one card as a sample for future use. After reading several different posts about other stamping events, I decided to make a few changes to the Stamp-A-Stacks. I now make only 5 cards and it is duplicated 6 times. I do cut as many of the items before the event, as possible. I use at least one embellishment on each card. And, I ask each participant to bring their own adhesive and envelopes, if they choose to stamp on them. I charge $35 for the event and require pre-registration. Once I begin to cut the materials, I cannot refund any money, but will give the participant the supplies to make their own cards. I usually do 3-4 of these events a year and it works better for everyone.
Don't forget to start working on your Father's Day cards.
Thanks for looking!



No comments: