Saturday, October 27, 2007

Is it too early for Holiday Cards?


Is it too early for Holiday Cards? I'm always one of the last ones to complete my Christmas cards as I get busy helping others make their cards. This year, I spent an entire weekend at a retreat, and completed all of my Christmas cards. What a relief! And, it gives me more time to play with additional designs. Most of you know that I love Thomas Kinkade's artwork. His God-given talent has blessed many people. I cannot imagine the time he puts into developing the fine details of each item. If you ever get a chance to go into one of his galleries, do so, as it's an educational field trip. I learned that each of his paintings were made for a special person-one of his daughter's, his wife or a best friend. And, he has apprentices that will add paints to various parts of his drawn images to give the appearance of light. I was thrilled when Cornish Heritage Farms developed the stamps based on Kinkade's paintings. I didn't feel that justice could be done to his "Silent Night" artwork by coloring every detailed piece, so I used a monochromatic look for this card. Using Brilliance inks and Shimmery Cardstock, I stamped the main image. I added glitter in the windows and lamp post with a Sakura Glitter Pen. The photo corners were made with the Stampin' Up! punch. The final touch to the card were the faux rhinestones made by punching white shimmery cardstock and adding Stickles glitter to each one. Be sure to visit Cornish Heritage Farms and order your Kinkade stamps for the holidays.

3 comments:

Diane said...

Stunning!!! You must have talent like you to color those beatiful stamps!! TFS!!

Tina said...

The card is wonderful!

Paula said...

This is so pretty and different. I just love it!!