Sunday, December 23, 2007

Autumn Fest Thank You

Did you think I was finished posting my thank you cards? Well, this is the last one for awhile. I have been wanting to make this card after seeing several different samples from other stampers, using the SU! set, Autumn Fest. I think this set would be nice to make masculine or holiday cards as well. The design is time consuming, but it's a thank you card, so it needs to be special. When I first received this package of SU! Designer Series Patterned Paper, I wasn't sure what to do with it. but, it was very useful for the background paper on this card. I used the SU! 2007 "In Color" inks of Buckaroo Blue. Marigold Morning, Cranberry Crisp and True Thyme to stamp my leaves. After trimming them and leaving a small border of white cardstock, I layered them onto a strip of white cardstock, matted in Cranberry Crisp cardstock. This piece serves as a "grounder" for my leaves and prevents them from getting lost in the busy patterned paper. The grosgrain ribbon is some from my stash and blended perfectly. I added a sentiment from the SU Simply Sent Kit, Just K. And, a big Thanks to You for visiting my blog today!

Leslie

No comments: