Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Cards from Past Christmas











I've shared in previous posts my Christmas cards for this year and thought it would be fun (and humiliating) to share my past Christmas cards with you. I've tried to keep one card from each year and place it in my Christmas scrapbook, which is now in storage, so some of the facts/years are guessed.


The top card, made with SU! retired Winter Wonderland, was my first handmade Christmas card and made in 2000. It was a total CASE (copy and steal everything) from one of my upline's cards. I stamped the image,cut it into quarters and layered in onto Silver Metallic cardstock. I was very nervous about making them and didn't start early enough, but did get them mailed by Christmas. Also, I learned the importance of using good adhesive on my designs, after witnessing my Mother's Day card fall apart in front of my family.


The second card was made in 2003, stamped with SU! Stipple Plaid and Vertical Greetings. I used the SU! Pure Color Crayons to color it and added the wide organdy ribbon. Again, I didn't start early enough due to helping my customers design their cards first. But, they made it in the mail by Christmas.


The third card was made in 2005 with the new SU! Jumbo Wheels and coordinating set, Happiest of Holidays. I added a rhinestone to the center poinsettia for an upgraded look. By this time I had become a SU! "hobby" demo and had more time to making my own cards.


The last card was made last year with the SU! Christmas Caroler's set. It just about drove me crazy due to the many steps to design it. I used the Scor-It Tool, as it had been featured on the Technique Junkie Group and needed to be used. After stamping my image and coloring it with the SU! Metallic Pencils, it was scored and then embossed with clear embossing powder. I used the Cracked Glass Technique by putting the images in the freezer to get cold, removing them, cracking the embossing powder and aging the look by applying Creamy Caramel ink. The background of the card was stamped with the SU! Linen background stamp and the Designer Series Paper was layered over it. Thank goodness these cards were made on time and mailed before Christmas.


I hope you've enjoyed my trip down memory lane and may your Christmas this year be filled with beautiful and special memories!
Merry Christmas!


Leslie




No comments: