Friday, August 22, 2008

A Just-Rite Monogram Card

So. I put off ordering the Just-Rite Monogram Stamper for awhile and then had several reasons "I had to have it!". Several friends and family members were having birthdays and another friend was having a baby girl. So, that justified my reasoning for ordering it. I ordered the main stamper kit and the Damask borders. The main stamp comes with a dual ink pad, one side with black ink. I filled the other side with SU! Basic Brown ink, as I feel I'll use that color many times. For this card, I used SU! Cool Caribbean ,Chocolate Chip and Natural Ivory card stock for the base of my card. The patterned paper is from an Autumn Leave self-adhesive mat stack. I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder on the Chocolate Chip card stock before mounting it onto the card base. A Martha Stewart Scallop Edge Punch helped to make the decorative edge to the left of the card. I used a dimensional pop-dot to adhere the monogram and added a coordinating brad for embellishment. One of my Spellbinder Nestabilities helped punch the perfect oval shape.

The letters in the Just-Rite Stamp may need to be trimmed before stamping to avoid any mistakes, so be sure to test it first. And, if you want to obtain additional ink pads, they can be ordered for the stamper. I purchased mine from The Stamp Castle.

Take care-
Leslie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And your Mother just loves her cards that you gave me for my birthday. Love you, sweet daughter.