Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A Hero Arts Thank You to my folks..


This card was made for my folks as a thanks for their help, as I recuperated from knee surgery. Mom went to the hospital with me, gave up her bed and room, made sure my ice pack stayed cold, cooked great meals and kept me hydrated during my stay. Dad made sure I stayed comfortable at all times and shared his big screen TV with me on Saturday, as we watched UGA beat Vandy. I was able to come home on Sunday and am mastering the stairs into my craft room. Thanks to everyone for the phone calls, e-mails and cards of encouragement.
I used the Layered Collage technique from the Technique Junkie newsletter to make this card. Instead of stamping my background pattern, I used patterned paper as a shortcut. The Hero Arts Stamp, Gratitude Collage, was stamped with SU! Pumpkin Pie ink onto the patterned paper found in my stash. I spotlighted the word Gratitude, by using my SU! oval punches and mounting onto SU! Pumpkin Pie card stock. The Prima flowers were secured with a Making Memories brad and Heidi Swapp photo corners were added to the edges. May Arts ribbon was wrapped around the focal image and mounted onto Basic Grey patterned paper.
The colors of this card definitely remind me of fall, which is my favorite season of the year.
Thanks for visiting-
Leslie

No comments: