Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I like Beads..

As promised, I've returned this week with more pictures of my beading creations. This was a fun necklace to make, as I used some of my favorite beads. I wanted a piece of jewelry that could be worn with jeans and multiple colored tops. The hardest part of making the necklace was choosing the color combination. When working with beads, like any other craft, the coordination and placement of color is important. I decided to use the silver and black beads at random spots to give the eyes a resting place. Different varieties of silver are found in the large balls and spacer beads and varieties of black are found in donut shapes and seed beads. Being that this is a heavy necklace, I used a sturdy toggle clasp to secure the necklace.

I've received several comments and questions concerning my jewelry that I'll try to answer.

The best way to get started is to find a pattern/supply list and follow the instructions. I found the instruction booklet for a simple set and supplies at Walmart, for my first piece of jewelry. It described the basic techniques and allowed me to make a simple set before progressing onto other pieces. Also, there are numerous blogs and information on the Internet. Do a Google search and you'll find a wealth of helpful ideas.

I am blessed to have several local beading shops that offer classes. I've taken 2 classes that have proven valuable. Most shop owners will allow you to take pictures of samples, if you are purchasing supplies from them. (Always ask first!) I love to visit Etsy for inspiration.

Yes, I do sell my jewelry. If you see a piece of jewelry that you like, e-mail me at lesliestamps@yahoo.com and we can discuss details. I'll be happy to take custom orders, too.

Stay warm!
Leslie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leslie,

That's a very fun necklace. I like it!

Anonymous said...

Please feel free to publicize your wonderful blog in the forum at Beads.net. Your expertise is most welcome.