Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Happy Veteran's Week!


I'm going to celebrate Veteran's week, instead of one day, as they deserve it! Where would our country be without the faithful men and women that have/are serving our country? This is a scrapbook page honoring a veteran, my dad, Virgil D. Moore. He served in the USA Army and started his training at Camp Chaffee, Arkansas in 1954. As you can read in the journaling, he was suppose to accompany the 38th Battalion to Germany but instead was sent to Radio Service School at Fort Knox, Kentucky. Dad has aided me with scrapbooking as he has kept important papers throughout his life. He gave me his draft notice and a post card that are tucked in the pocket on the layout. The patterned papers and embellishments are from K & C Company and adhered with Pop-Dots for dimension. The title was created with tiles from Creative Imaginations. I adhered patterned paper to a picture mat to frame the focal photo. The Blue Highway font was used for my journaling. Don't forget to hug a Veteran today!
Leslie

1 comment:

Mary said...

What a wonderful legacy for all your family members for generations to come! I know of Ft. Chaffee, Ark. as I was a meteorologist over at Little Rock Air Force Base for years! Long history to Chaffee!