Friday, November 7, 2008

Last one...with those pencils..


This will be the last card for awhile, demonstrating the use of colored pencils. I have not tried using Baby Oil with other brands of colored pencils and can only share my experiences with Prismacolor pencils. If you try the technique with other pencils, let me know the results. I'll share the information with the group.

This card was the easiest of the week, due to the small image. Also, due to the detailed image, it was easy to highlight specific areas with the choice of colored pencils. Once again, I used the SU! set, "Thinking of Father" to stamp my focal image. The color choices for the image came from the SU! patterned paper that was used in the background. I love to use patterned paper, ribbon and other accents to choose my focal image colors. A strip of Cuttlebug embossed card stock was added on top of the patterned paper. I used Papertrey Ink's set, Mixed Messages, to add the sentiment. A little paper piercing, sponging ink around the edges and I'm done with another masculine card.

I've had several questions/comments concerning beading, which I hope to share with you next week.

Have an awesome weekend-
Leslie

2 comments:

Pat said...

Hi Leslie!

I have used the baby oil with SU colored pencils, Koh-I-Noor and the Prismacolor pencils. They all work great! Thanks for sharing your awesome designs.

Anonymous said...

I never thought about using baby oil with my penicls. I will drfinately have to try this. Your card is awesome