Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Happy Birthday Timothy!

Today is my nephew’s 19th birthday. I can still remember the day he was born. He has recently started college, which makes me feel very old, but proud of his choices. I wanted to make a card that was for a man, not too stuffy or childish. I saw a similar card on SplitCoast Stampers and used it as my inspiration for this card. I love the SU! Jumbo wheels as they aid in making a quick card. I’ve learned to keep my male cards simple, as men usually don’t notice finer details. This card was made using the SU! Classic Stars wheel, Basic Black, Bravo Burgundy inks and cardstock. I cut several of the Bravo Burgundy stars and mounted them with dimensionals over the Basic Black stars. I found the twine at Hobby Lobby and purchased several “manly” colors, so was able to use the black twine finally. This was finally layered onto a Basic Black mat, stamped with a birthday sentiment and adhered to a Bravo Burgundy card front. A fast and simple card for a quickly growing young man. Happy Birthday Timothy!

No comments: