Thursday, April 30, 2009

2 cards using one design...


We’ve had a full week of spring weather and I am really enjoying it. I may not be stamping as much, but when I do, I desire to stamp floral images. This card uses an older Stampin’ Up! set, “So Many Scallops”. I took my color combination choices from the SU! Designer Patterned Paper and used Groovy Guava, River Rock and Red Riding Hood inks. The scallops were stamped on Very Vanilla cardstock and punched out with the SU! Scalloped Punch. The stamp set was designed to use with this punch and saves time when creating cards. I adhered the floral images above a stamped stem design. Being that the Designer paper is double sided saves on time and money for me. After adding a few layers to my card background and a sentiment to the card front, I had another thank you card created.




And, here’s a similar card made with the same supplies, but useful as a birthday card. I decided to use Prima and silk flowers to replace the scalloped flowers previously shown. I’ve found discounted silk flowers at my local hobby store can produce lots of flowers for a minimal cost. And, if you can’t find the exact needed color choice, dye the flowers using markers. Buttons by Making Memories were added to the centers of the flowers.
Have a great weekend!
Leslie

No comments: