Sunday, October 21, 2007

Another type of Pocket Card




I learned this card template from Melissa Baldwin, of The Stamping Studio, after attending her fall retreat in September. My version does not require much stamping. This is a great card to have handy and fill with gift certificates, money or notes. Another idea would be to make the card a little longer, add an additional pocket and stamp each area to correspond with a different season of the year. The recipient would receive 4 different gifts from you during the year.

For this card, I cut the base 4 1/2 inches X 11 3/4 inches. I scored the base at 2, 2 1/4, 5 1/2 and 8 3/4 inches. You can use a sealed legal size envelope for your pockets by cutting 3 inches off of each end. I chose to use the cut legal size envelope piece as a template and make my own pockets. Adhere each pocket below the fold, after punching 1/2 of a 1 1/4 inch circle out of the upper left sided border. If you want to make cards to put into your pocket, just make them a little smaller to fit properly. To make a belly band to hold the card together, cut a coordinating strip of patterned paper 8 X 1 1/4 inches. You can embellish it with buttons, flowers, brads, bottle caps, etc. I chose to use Prima and Bazzill flowers and a brad. The only stamped part of the card is the definition of "Friend", a stamp made by Rubber Stampede.

I used Prismacolor paper for my cardstock, Basic Grey for my patterned paper, Stampin' Up! ink, scorer and paper punches. Target was nice enough to give me 4 non-valid gift certificates to use for my demonstration. I hope you are enjoying the fall weather. Thanks for stopping by my site-
Leslie






No comments: