Saturday, August 30, 2008

Happy Birthday Cheryl!


August has been a busy month for birthdays. My dear friend, Cheryl, celebrated her birthday in early August. She and I have been through many experiences together-marriages, divorces, raising sons and traveling. I recently was invited to join she and her family on a cruise to the Bahamas, which we visited in April. This card was made with the new SU! set, Fresh Cuts. I used the retired color, Groovy Guava, with Bashful Blue. After stamping the image with Stazon Black ink onto glossy card stock, I added highlights with a white crayon. When I sponged coordinating ink colors onto the glossy card stock, the crayon resisted the ink. Coordinating ribbon and a scalloped edge sentiment added to this card.

Take care-

Leslie

1 comment:

Maria said...

Hi Leslie!! I'm glad to hear you have a friend that you have experienced life with. There's nothing like old friends. I met my best friend in kindergarten and we're still friends today. Amazing!

I'm lovin' your card. It's very pretty. The colors blended look so nice. Great job!

Maria