Monday, September 8, 2008

Happy Birthday to my Son, Daniel!


My oldest son, Daniel, is 25 years old today. The years have quickly flown by and he has grown into an awesome young man. Last May, I completed this scrapbook layout for an entry into the Memory Makers Masters Contest. One of the required layouts for the contest had to be labeled "I wish" so this was the reason for the title of this page. I didn't make it to the Masters Contest, but did get published in the July 2008 edition of Memory Makers Magazines in the column "The Best of the Rest." Being that this was the first time I've been published in a magazine, you can imagine my surprise receiving the announcement in January. I thought it was appropriate to share the layout/news with you on my son's birthday as he is the subject. I used a variety of materials on this page to create a collage-effect as my "wish list"for him is long. Bazzill card stock served as the background for the layout. The chipboard letters are from Heidi Swapp and the remaining words are from K & C. Company and Making Memories. The ribbon was found in my stash.

Thanks for visiting today!
Leslie

No comments: